Tiếng cười (laughter) là một chủ đề tương đối khó trong bài thi Speaking. Thí sinh có thể gặp khó khăn về mặt từ vựng (vì không có nhiều từ mô tả tiếng cười) cũng như ý tưởng (vì là một chủ đề không phổ biến). Trong bài viết hôm nay, ODY xin gửi đến các bạn một bài nói tham khảo cho chủ đề này nhé!
Part 2: Describe a person that made you laugh
What: This question jogs my memory about a stand-up comedian whose name is Michael McIntyre, he is very renowed for his talent to make others burst out laughing.
When: I remember clearly the first time I knew him was about a couple of years ago. At that time, while I was finding something interesting on Youtube, a short clip with a fairly high number of views popped up in my eyes. With mild curiosity, I decided to click on that clip to see what it is.
Who and why: That was a chubby man from Britain, he was very handsome with blue eyes. He was telling some hilarious stories and when he laughed or had some overwhelming reactions, his bangs were bouncing. He once in a while blew his bangs out of his face also. It was very funny. I can’t help laughing at his facial expression and body language. What’s more, his stories were extremely interesting. Unlike other stand-up comedians who had to use foul languages to attract audiences and made them laugh, he observed trivial things in his surrounding life with optimistic and comedic perspectives. For example, there was a time he visited the dental clinic because of his decay tooth. Unfornutely, the dentist couldn’t pull his tooth out and therefore he had to went to the hospital. At the time, his tooth was numb with blood, which looked like a monster. Because he was famous, he found it hard to go to the hospital without being recognized by general public and he tried to disguise himdself as the other person by any means. The story about the journey from the dentist to hospital was pretty appealing, and I became a big fan of him from that episode.
- stand-up comedian: diễn viên hài độc thoại
- be renowed for: nổi tiếng và được trôn trọng vì điều gì đó
- burst out laughing: cười vỡ bụng
- pop up: nhảy ra, đột ngột xuất hiện
- mild curiosity: hơi tò mò
- chuppy man: người đàn ông mũm mĩm
- hilarious stories: những câu chuyện vui
- overwhelming reactions: những phản ứng thái quá
- use foul languages: dùng những ngôn ngữ thô tục
- trivial things: những điều nhỏ nhặt
- dental clinic: phòng khám răng
- decay tooth: răng bị sâu
- pull a tooth out: nhổ cái răng ra
- be numb: bị gây tê
- disguise oneself as sth/so: nguỵ trang như là cái gì/ ai đó
- by any means: bằng bất cứ giá nào
1. How would you define happiness?
That’s really an interesting question. Some people are of the opinion that you have to be wealthy to enjoy your life, as the saying goes: “Money talks”, I think it’s partly true, but the most important thing is that you have to know how to treat yourself with love. If you don’t know how to love yourself, you cannot find the happiness with the surrounding life, whether you are rich or not.
- as the saying goes: tục ngữ có câu
- It’s partly true: nó đúng một phần
- whether … or…: dù có hay không
2. Do you like watch comedy?
I don’t see why not, watching comedies can helps us relieve stress and strain after a hard day of work or study. Sometimes, temporarily escaping from the harsh reality is a good way to recharge energy. Moreover, watching comedy can help us know more about the diverse cultures in the world, particularly if you are good at English or foreign languages.
- relieve stress: relax, giải toả căng thẳng
- temporarily: tạm thời
- escape from the harsh reality: thoát khỏi sự thật khắc nghiệt
- recharge energy: phục hồi năng lượng
- diserve cultures: nhiều nền văn hoá
3. Who is the most popular comedian in your country?
There are many renowned comedians in my country, but the first one that pops into my mind is Hoai Linh. He’s really a successful comedian. He knows how to link seemingly unrelated ideas together and make up a story skillfully. That’s why I can say he is a highly creative comedian.
- pop into my mind: nãy lên trong đầu tôi
- link: kết nối
- make up a story: tạo nên một câu chuyện
Hy vọng bài mẫu trên sẽ giúp ích được cho bạn trong quá trình luyện thi ILETS đầy “cam go”. ODY mến chúc các bạn có một kết quả thi thật tốt.
Nếu có câu hỏi thắc mắc bạn hãy để lại bình luận dưới đây nhé. Chúc bạn thành công học tập tốt nhé.